INTRO TO AR-15 STYLE RIFLES
Our Introduction to AR-15 Rifles/Carbines is a great way to begin your formal education on this rifle platform. This class is great for the beginner shooter or for shooters that simply want more formal training or familiarization. Whether you would like to hunt, practice precision rifle shooting, or simply become more familiar with the ever-popular modern sporting rifle, this is the class for you. Students wishing to bring in rifles other than an AR-15 please understand that we will only be covering the AR platform. However, there are many parallels of this system that relate to other platforms like the AK-47 and Bullpup designs. You are welcome to bring these firearms but the class will focus on the AR-15. All specific questions for other platforms will need to be diverted to a private instruction.
- Firearms safety and range safety fundamentals
- History of the AR platform
- Rifle functions, parts, and common terminology
- Ammunition types and calibers
- Loading and clearing procedures
- Sighting/ Zero in an optic
- Ballistics and capabilities
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Practical exercise on the Live Fire Range
LIVE FIRE PRACTICAL EXERCISE
- Demonstration of proper range safety rules
- Sight in optics/iron sights
- Practice live fire loading and clearing procedures
- Practice basic marksmanship fundamentals at 10, 15 & 22 yards
- AR-15 Style Rifle (.308 calibers & below) Must be in a case to enter the facility. Rentals are available, but limited, so please call in advance if you plan to rent.
- 100 rounds of ammunition purchased at check-in
*Please note* We do not allow outside ammo on our range or for this class
- 2 Magazines minimum
- An empty cup, and ready to learn ;)
THOMAS FOSTER, MANAGER, THREAT DYNAMICS LLC.
Class Cost: $150 per student
Classes are available on both Weekdays and Saturdays evenings. Click the SCHEDULED NOW button below to check upcoming dates.